Facing exams, memory is a fundamental factor to pass them successfully. The difficulty lies in the fact that memory is a resource that requires prior dedication and organization and, sometimes, with day-to-day routines, we do not have the necessary time.
With a series of small tips to memorize and study, you will be able to save an exam or store a large amount of relevant information. Next we are going to give you some techniques that will allow you to memorize faster and get out of the exams.
Tips for Memorizing Content
The mere fact of having access to information is not enough to memorize or retain the content offered by that data. Similarly, undergoing eternal procedures to study and memorize is also not the ideal way to obtain the best results .
What is desirable is that the memorization process is efficient and we can pay attention to other activities and routines in our routines. For this reason, there are a series of strategies and tips for studying and memorizing that are useful for accelerating the retention of information.
Sitting down to study and trying to absorb all the information is an incomplete process if a series of study techniques and steps are not previously developed that will optimize the techniques used to memorize data and concepts .
Paying attention during the teaching sessions, organizing the material through notes and notes, rereading the information to ensure a better understanding and highlighting doubts, or highlighting the most difficult aspects are small tips that serve to better assimilate the concepts.
Tips for studying and memorizing
The ability to retain information is a process that can be trained thanks to different methods that favor learning.
- Among the basic tips for memorizing texts is a fundamental procedure that is common to all techniques: the review of information . Learning and memorizing involves offering the mind the same information on several occasions.
- Retaining concepts is complex if the exposure to the data is done on a single occasion. The emotional impact is minimal and the repetition and revision allow to deepen the imprint that this information leaves in the memory.
- The realization of schemes and summaries are another basic advice to study and memorize . The assimilation of information is accelerated if we process and manipulate it to make it more understandable.
- Many studies have shown that reading aloud and repetition of the teaching load increase efficiency when it comes to memorizing content. In this way, the combination of visual attention and auditory and motor skills join efforts to retain information.
- Explain it with your words . Exposing content to another person in our own words favors faster and more efficient assimilation of information. The work of developing the information mentally is one of themost effective memorizing tips .
- Without a doubt, one of the best tips for memorizing texts is that you do not always pay them the same attention. Although it may seem incongruous, although repetition favors assimilation, it is best to present the material in different ways.
- Two efficient ways to modify the reception of information is to record the lessons or the summaries to listen to your own audios or to rewrite the relevant data on paper. It has been shown that one of the best tips for studying and memorizing is to write by hand the information that we intend to retain.
- Memorizing data is much more efficient when we look for a way to represent them through metaphors , joining the initials in acronyms that are easier to remember or inshorter and easier to memorize acronyms .
- In addition, creating a story or a composition with the information, so that we relate the concepts through phrases that make it easy, will allow the memory of one piece of information to refer us directly to the other.
- Another tip for memorizing texts is to relate what we are reading with concepts that we have previously learned, so that we add meaning and meaning to this new information.
- The importance of the environment and the context . You can apply multiple tips to memorize and study, that if your mind is not in a favorable environment for the assimilation of concepts, the effort will not bear fruit.
- Choose an environment withadequate lighting , a pleasant temperature and a comfortable posture without distracting elements. Assimilate knowledge in a study environment similar to the place where you will apply that knowledge to help context-dependent memory.
- Although, without a doubt, the best tips for studying and memorizing have nothing to do with the information, but with yourself. Get regular rest and eat properly. Mental efficiency goes through a correct rest and a good diet that stimulates the brain that allows us to recover energy.
At Campus Cámara FP we have prepared this short list of tips to study and memorize faster and more efficiently, but there are many other procedures that you can apply to improve concentration while you study, with greater or lesser success depending on your preferences.
We encourage you to put these tips into practice to quickly memorize and know which is the most efficient formula for you.